Thursday, November 4, 2010

Running with TTB



My first ever long run with Team Tytsbogdo! The name was called "Run for Estan". A 15k long run from IT park  to Mandaue and back. Very unforgettable experience because I tried so hard to catch up with them! They were very fast inspite that they just started the sport this year. Very unexpected too that I would be part of their team after the run. 



        
      My 2nd LSD with them. The route was uphill run to Busay. I didn't expect we will be running with other members of other teams. The group were also PRO's in running uphill. Hard time catching up again.The original plan was 16km. Had to stop around 5km because I was experiencing pain in my knee. Ran only 10km that day.





The 3rd run was on a holiday. We took it as a warm up run for the upcoming Milo Marathon that coming sunday. I ran 14km. Pressed the start button too early. We ran some parts of the Milo 21km route.



  My 4th run with them is a whole different route. Three bridges from IT park. It was also the longest distance the team has ever ran. A total of 27km. We had a lot of stops this time. The first 22km was fine but the heat was starting to be unbearable afterwards. At one point, I even asked Cecile if I can hitch a ride with her. Around the 25km point, I wanted to get in a taxi. But still all is well! Glad I finished it!







            

            The 5th run was on Cecile's birthday. Queenbodgo Run! The group was almost complete and most of us wore the TTB uniform. It was a fun run. A lot of picture breaks. The run was only 10k.  Thanks to Cecile for the free breakfast at Mcdo. 






               The 6th run was a week before the Halloween run. We decided to run the Halloween 21k route of Citigym. But instead of turning back we ran straight all the way to Mandaue then back to It park. First time to wear my new shoes. Got to excited that I missed a turn. Pam got lost too because she was behind me. Distance of 21km and new PR!






   

      The 7th run was an 8k run to Busay up to Zipline. I was the only girl that joined the run. Ran with the PRO's again. I started very slow. Mostly slow till the end. Good thing, Richard was pacing with me on the first 4k because the others were so fast! So glad when I reached the top. Wanted to ride a jeep on the 7km already. 






  

         My first ever picture with the team wearing our official uniform on a fun run. The nice thing about this picture is that we are all wearing our finisher medals!We also ended up with PR's. Too bad we are incomplete again.







Thanks to the team for improving my endurance and stamina! My Half Marathon improved 23 minutes basing from my first ever 21k last January 2010. 

No comments: