Monday, November 1, 2010

My Local Half Marathons of 2010

My Local Half Marathons of 2010

My first ever half marathon was on January 10,2010. The Cebu City Marathon. First ever marathon in Cebu! Decision to join the race was impulsive because I had less than a month to train. But at that point I didn't care because all I wanted was to experience running a half marathon with my friends. On the day of the run, my friends and I met at IT park. The route was from there to the city then go inside SRP. The race then started with the sound of the gun! Off I ran as fast as I can. Since I gained so much weight when I went to the states and also during the holidays I ended up with many walk breaks. At the last 500 meters I even experienced leg cramps.  Thank God there was med help in the area. When the results got displayed I found out only 400 plus runners joined. I ended up no.216 overall and no. 36 (female) with a time of 2 hrs 25 mins 38 secs.

My second half marathon was last September 5, 2010. The 34th Milo Marathon. I registered for the run last July. This time, I already participated on many fun runs especially around may when I ran almost every Sunday. I was consistent with my Sunday runs and even got more serious help when I started training with Team Tytsbogdo last august 17,2010. I was excited for this run because of the finisher medals they will give away at the end of the race. The route was slightly the same as my first run since we will go inside SRP again. We had a late start and the weather sa so hot. I was surprised with my energy because I didn't feel tired at all. The only problem was I incurred 3 leg cramps on my right leg. Twice inside srp and once in hipodrimo. I had to walk it off for the pain to go away. I still managed to finish within my goal time. 2 hrs 18 mins 48 secs. Ranked no.240 out of 504 runners and no. 20(female). So happy when the girl gave me my finisher medal.

My third half marathon was last October 31, 2010. Citigym Halloween Run. I registered for this run because they will give away finisher medals again. By the end of the Milo marathon. TTB was getting serious with it's long runs. We even ran 27 km. On the day of the run, I wore our official team uniform and got myself halloween inspired nails. Before gun start, the only thing on my mind was to get a PR! I also bought salt veggie caps at runner to help me with my muscle cramps. We started early and the weather was great. I decided to wear my heart rate monitor and ran on relaxed pace on the first 2k. I was so happy that my legs were running so fast.I was full of energy and injury free. But on the last km my toes started to feel pain. Making me run slower. At the end of the race, I was ecstatic to finish 2 hrs 2min 24 secs.  I ranked 127 out of 423 runners and 15th place in the women's category. A bit unexpected. A huge gap from my Milo results. Another finisher medal.

No comments: