Sunday, November 7, 2010

Busay Run Extreme

Last Sunday, my friends and I ran a 12km run to Busay. We opted to meet at JY Square Mall around 4:30 am. We had a late start and started almost 5 am. When we started it started to drizzle but that didn't stop us from running! Thank goodness, the rain stopped around the first km. This would be the third time to run to Busay. The distance is much longer too. There was no pressure this time to run fast. Corrine and I were ahead of the pack since for some it was their first time. 

When the sun came up, Corrine and I decided to take pictures. We even asked a stranger to take a picture of us. This time, running wasn't so difficult as the previous two. On the 6-7km, I decided to change the way I ran. I ran 200m and walked 100 meters in order to put less pressure on the knees. On the 7km mark only 1 km left to the zipline. It was difficult to jog anymore so I basically just walked the last km. When we reached the sari-sari store near the zipline. I decided to buy gatorade. It was so expensive! 



After the zipline, it was downhill already. The downhill path was more difficult than the uphill part. So, we ran it slow. So as not to put pressure on the knees and legs. On the way down, my hydration belt fell off. It was getting loose already. I guess it was not advisable to use it downhill. The rest of the group was not there yet so we went up again and waited for them.  When the arrived, we went down again and at the end, we took pictures beside the km mark. We went up again to find the remaining part of the group. The distance was still less than 12km. It was only 10km. So Corrine and I went downhill. We decided to have hill repeats by going up and down every 200-300 meters until we reached 12km.



When we went downhill we took pictures again of each other. We rode a vhire on the way down and ate breakfast at MCdo.






No comments: